If you are still programming on Amstrad CPC, you are maybe using WinAPE. But its assembler has limitations. For example, if you want to create a .DSK, a .SNA, compile something, compact something BEFORE or AFTER assembling, it's not possible in 1 pass and 1 key press. But it's now possible with some additional software (freeware).
Fresh Amstrad CPC, PCW, Notepad NC100 NC150 NC200 and PDA600 news
Latest Youtube Videos :
Color Lines is a G.P.A. reflexion game yet to be released. But you can download its toolkit to add your own graphic skin to the future release.
Ultrasyd music pack 1 has been released by Ultrasyd, it's a music pack with four original STarKos tracks.
You will find pictures of the 2 meetings Amstrad Expo and Klassentreffen 2009 on CPCscene.
There is a nice remake of Knight Lore for MSX2 created by Manuel Pazos (Guillian) and Daniel Celemín (LordFred). This remake features :
- Different palettes for day and night
- In game map that shows the player location, visited rooms and objects location
- Improved music (adding some reverb)
- Torch animation (can be disabled by pressing ESC while booting the game)
- Bug fixing of the original game
- Intro scroll showing the 'Mist tunes'
- On turbo R, the R800 is enabled to prevent slowdowns
Go on the RetroWorks website to get this remake and more :
- The game ROM (48K)
- A full game map using screenshots of this new version
- A user manual in PDF format
- Packing designs (cartridge label and box)
You can see a video of this Knight Lore remake on Youtube.
Last version of Joyce (v2.2.1) by John Elliott is still fresh (January 2009), it emulates an Amstrad PCW (including the PCW16) for Unix, Windows and MacOS X.
A new version of CPCDiskXP is available on CPC Mania. It's a .DSK file manager for windows XP, version 2.0 is from January 2009.