In 30 minutes on Twitch with Le Daron about the Sapiens game with one of its progammer : Didier Guillion and the author of the music : Gilles Soulet. Dont miss it !
Archives of Genesis8 Amstrad Page from 1999 to 2018 about music
After releasing Pentomino last year, Shining got many feedback of people who liked the music. And as a big ay-chiptune fan and also a big fan of n1k-o, who is the composer of the Pentomino-music, he decided to do a music-disc, featuring only songs from him : : NQ!-Music disc
After getting the permission from n1k-o, the music-disc finally plays 26 songs, choosen by him. Because of the very crooked different frequency of the ay in the sinclair (where all the tunes come from), they sound not always the same on our Amstrad and many of them, he had to fine-tune. Some, which he wanted to use, were nearly impossible to convert, so the choosen-ones are not the 26 best, in his opinion, but the 26 best he could get up and running on CPC.
Since he joined forces with HAL6128 again, the great gfx was completely made by him. As only playing the songs is a little bit boring, and he wanted to play around a little bit with the crtc and the plus, he implemented the CRTC-register 3 equalizer (he thinks this will not work on TFT but on original monitors. Also the picture in Winape shakes a little bit, in JavaCPC it's ok.).
The pictures use 32k-Overscan and because he wanted to be compatible with 64kB, he had to reload some stuff, to arrange everything in the memory. But when you use the cartridge version or something like the M4, this doesn't matter at all.
As mentioned above, he wanted to play around with plus-sprites, so the demo detects if it is running on a plus and then enables (randomised) one of 4 different note-movements. 3 of them use 14 multiplexed plus sprites at the same time, so that you can see 28 notes on screen.
The last version of CHIPNSFX tracker+player suite by CNGSoft is out since the 13th January 2018.
After the revelation of the game box of Athanor 2, here is a music tune by Hervé Monchatre.
Between McKlain and him, we can talk about ubiquity in the Amstrad CPC productions.
There are also 3 other musics he posted 5 hours ago on his Youtube channel.
The last version of CHIPNSFX tracker+player suite by CNGSoft is out since the 8th December 2017 : minor patch allowing longer title and description strings and accepting keys O, S and J as synonyms of Y on "yes/no" questions.
The ZX Spectrum Computer Sound Chip Emulator v2.9 beta 24 is available, it permits to listen to many music format files, including .YM, .AY and .AYM music files, for windows and linux.
A new video by John Gage : synchronized music of the arcade game 1943 (Capcom) converted on Amstrad CPC by Probe Software (AY in stereo) and Amiga.
The original music is written on both computers by Jason C. Brooke with the same octave and tempo.
A new video by John Gage : synchronized music of Robocop (Ocean Software in 1989) on Amstrad CPC (AY in stereo) and C64 (SID in mono).
The original music is written on both computers by Jonathan Dunn with the same octave and tempo.
The Last V8 was released by Mastertronic in 1985 on Amstrad CPC (also on C64, Atari 8-bit), with programmation by David DARLING, design by Richard Darling, graphics by Jim Wilson and music by Rob Hubbard. Escape a nuclear bomb by running your car as fast as you can to a bunker which will protect you. It's a very hard racing game, with some dead end while you have limited time... Personnally I found it too hard and avoided it after a few games. The C128 version countains 3 levels instead of two.
Ninth release of CHIPNSFX tracker+player suite by CNGSoft :
- 20170731: ninth public release. New special case for arpeggios: the nibble F stands for -12 and changes the loop behavior. Sound playback is now wavelength-based rather than frequency-based, and thus closer to the hardware. Minor bugfixes in the keyboard map handling. Added CHUBBYGR.CHP, CHUBBYGS.CHP, MEGAPHNX.CHP and MEGAPHNY.CHP.
- 20170724: eighth public release. Fixed a serious bug in the noise generator: playback and WAVE output randomly skipped pure noise notes. New ATEAM.CHP, BURNINR1.CHP, BURNINR4.CHP, SOLOMON2.CHP, UNDERWTR.CHP, WESTBNK1.CHP, WESTBNK2.CHP and WINGSOD4.CHP: 32 sample songs
- 20170719: seventh public public release. New extended tremolos (60-9F) lead to important changes in the amplitude effect byte: old 60-6F become 5F, old 80 becomes 9E, old 81-8F become 61-6F, old 90-9F become A0; 70-7F stay as they were. Minor optimisations in the player. New command line options -b1, -b2 and -b3. New CATABALL.CHP, FREDDY_H.CHP, HYDROFOL.CHP and SCOR3020.CHP
- 20170708: revised sixth public release, with just one change: pressing backspace in order list panel updates pattern panel
- 20170707: sixth public release. New command line options -y and -Y (generate YM3 file, either full song or song loop), commands Control-W (apply transposition to current pattern), Control-D (detect duplicates and optionally erase them), Control-E (check for duplicates and optionally create them). Minor changes in CHIPNSFX.I80 extended mode vibratos, in the file dialog and the INCLUDE file compression. New DEFLEKTR.CHP, GRANGEHL.CHP, PHANTIS1.CHP, PHANTIS2.CHP, SCOR3020.CHP, THINGBBK.CHP and TIMETRAX.CHP
- 20170616: fifth public release. Fixed a file dialog bug reported by Garvalf (who also wrote CHIPNSFX's first new song from scratch), as well as minor internal consistency bugs. Pattern panel allows using Control-D. New ATOMINO3.CHP and DESPERA2.CHP
Roland Radio is an internet radio, and its program should interest you : only Amstrad CPC music.
There will be more Amstrad CPC tunes soon on Roland Radio, so listen up !
For more news, Go to home page