This weekend Dr.Zed brought Prodatron a batch of the SYMBiFACE II card (25 pieces) including cables with edge connectors. So you can order it again! At the moment Prodatron can't ship centronics connector cables, but he hopes to have them at the end of december from Dr.Zed. You can mail him at jmika [a t] prodatron [d o t] net.
News about Amstrad CPC, PCW, Notepad NC100 NC150 NC200, PDA600 and also Amstrad PC
Latest Youtube Videos :
Dragon's Lair will be available in the future on Iphone, no date released though.
CPCemu for dos by Marco Vieth was the first Amstrad CPC emulator I used. It exists also for win32 and linux, and the last version now supports other keyboard than the qwerty one.
- Create zip and iso files
- Upload files to the Internet using FTP
- Fast file handling using the keyboard
- Built-in viewers handling many file formats
- Advanced built-in text editor
- Create animated gifs
- Create shortcut menus for your USB flash drives
- Portable - a single exe file with no particular dependencies
- Convert mdb files to csv or dbf
- No installation required (self-extracting zip exe provided for convenience)
- No uninstallation required (just delete the folder)
- Free for non-professional home use
CPCGamesCD is a live CD by MiguelSky with emulators and the NVG Amstrad game collection. It has been updated :
- Includes frontend, new CPC Loader 2.5 by Troels K.
- Includes NVG games update 10/18/2009
- Includes Snap-Pack by MiguelSky (3589 images)
- Added new version 6.2 of JavaCPC emulator
- Includes Linux version of CPCLoader 2.5 and emus update
- Includes Maps folder of NVG and support for that
- Includes Links to T.A.C.G.R.
An update of GrafX (v2.1) is available.
It's a bitmap paint program that allows to draw in more than 60 video resolutions (from 320x200, including most of the standard Amiga resolutions, provided your videocard knows how to handle them). It was written originally for DOS, but has been modified to use SDL and modern operating systems. Its layout is not very different from Deluxe Paint or Brilliance.
Chris Wild is talking with Mike Singleton about a LoM and DDR port to Iphone, that would be nice.
It has been ages since I last went on the web site of the 2 Guillion brothers, the authors of Sapiens. There is a newer (though not recent) version of their windows remake of this nice game, one of the few I finished on my Amstrad CPC. You should download this remake, for the music if only, but if you want to play it, dont forget the authors, it's a shareware for 10 € only.
Since the announce of the last french CPC meeting in May 209 organized by Eliot, I learned that he uses a disk drive replacement based on SD cards. But there are some others too, but one isnt finished atm, and for the 2 others, the most difficult part is to get one, unless you are good at making your own :
- Floppy Disk Emulator : SDiskEmul by Sundance,
- HxC Floppy Emulator, there is an USB version (CPC is connected to a PC) and a standalone sdcard version(which supports writing). The author may create a batch of these sdcards cards soon, more informations when I have some,
- TFE (Tolga Floppy Emulator).
In fact, there is a 4th one, made by RAM7 based on USB key, that he showed to the last meeting, but I have no more informations about it.
You can see a video of this Alien 8 remake for MSX2 on Youtube.
If you need to write some music for an Amstrad CPC program (either demo, game, etc...), you can do it either on an Amstrad CPC :
Or you can do it on a PC :
- WYZTracker for windows (needs .NET v2.0) by Augusto Ruiz, an .AY (Amstrad and Spectrum) music creation utility using a pattern-based editor, spanish interface only at the moment, short english manual inside
- Vortex Tracker II v1.0 beta 19, a Win32 PT3-editor, can load, play, edit PT1, PT2, PT3, STC, STP, SQT, ASC, PSC, PSM, FLS, GTR, FTC, FXM, AY (ZXAYAMAD) files and save them in PT3 format or in temporary text format. You can export modules into SNDH-format to play it on Atari ST, and into HOBETA (with player or without player), AY's ZXAYEMUL format, SCL or TAP to play it on Amstrad CPC ou ZX Spectrum, for more information go see Vortex tracker's website.
Also, it's possible without an emulator to listen to .YM, .AY and .AYM files with ZX Spectrum Computer Sound Chip Emulator (same address than above).
If you use other music tools, thanks to let me know so I can add informations here and in the comp.sys.amstrad.8bit FAQ).
CPC Wiki is moving to a faster server.