NoRecess did interview Elmar Krieger, the author of Amstrad CPC demos and programs (such as Prehistorik).
Archives for the month January 2014 of Genesis8 Amstrad Page
A new version of the desktop JavaCPC is available. It's an Amstrad CPC(+) emulator written in Java by Markus Hohmann (DevilMarkus).
Kubmic is a new Amstrad CPC puzzle game by les Crackers Velus.
You must match a pattern on the screen, but you can only move a whole verticale or horizontal line. The first puzzle is easy, it's up to you to check the next one (20 puzzle inside).
Vox populi, vox dei, so don't hesitate to go vote on Push'n'Pop about what you consider the best 2013 Amstrad CPC productions.
CHAMP is a new assembler and debugger for Amstrad CPC which supports 512 Kb of RAM, programmed intially for Commodore 64, Sinclair Spectrum and BBC micro. Several new features were added 26 years after the initial port on the WinApe emulator, adding the support of 512 Kb of RAM.
The port author is open to new features on the cpcwiki forum.
- ROM resident for smaller memory footprint, faster loading and protection from corruption
- Source code checked for corruption after quitting and re-entering the assembler
- Accesses up to 512K RAM. Assembler can create object code in expanded memory. Debugger can read from one bank and write to another, load/save files to/from expansion RAM etc
- Debugger can read upper ROMs
- Execute RSX commands from within the debugger
- Faster scrolling of text in assembler, some other speedups
- Automatic conversion of keywords from lower case to upper case
- Uses left-hand side of Mode 2 screen. Right-hand side is available for displaying system messages or user program output
- Right-hand window is also used to display Help text on startup
ScummVM now supports the english version of the game le Manoir de Mortvielle (created by Lankhor) : Mortville Manor.
Light Forge is a vertically scrolling shoot them up for Amstrad CPC, C64 and ZX Spectrum, edited by FTL (Faster Than Light) in 1986. A very good game, one of the few I was able to finish on Amstrad CPC in the good old times. Music is written by Ron Hubbard, sadly it is missing from the Amstrad CPC version. So to listen it you will have to go for the C64 version of Light Force on Youtube.
Sugarbox is a new Amstrad CPC emulator (beta) for windows. Beware, there are some problems with windows XP SP3, it works without problems on windows 7 or 8.
For more news, Go to home page