Archives of Genesis8 Amstrad Page from 1999 to 2019 about emulator, page 2 / 9
A new version of the desktop JavaCPC is available. It's an Amstrad CPC(+) emulator written in Java by Markus Hohmann (DevilMarkus).
Caprice Forever v2018-04 by Frédéric Coste is a modified version of the Caprice emulator (by Ulrich Doewich) for windows.
- Fix CRTC regression with "Turrican" but involving issues with "iMPdraw"
- Add Audio Speaker and PlayCity Line OUT or Internal option
- Add Audio PlayCity invert channels option
- Fix FDC regression to load "The Real Ghostbusters"
- Add Graphics explorer and Tile editor
- Drop ROM file for testing purposes
- Fix minor bugs
ACE v1.15 by Philippe Rimauro is an Amstrad CPC emulator for MorphOS.
Sugarbox v0.29, the Amstrad CPC(+) emulator is available. It features :
- Complete PLUS family support : 464+, 6128+, GX4000. All ASIC functions are supported (making modern demo like « CRTC3? or « Eerie forest » functionnal)
- SNA v3 is supported, with BRKS chunks (breakpoints generated by RASM or Winape)
- Various fix on full screen management (should not crash anymore)
- Various fix on DSK management. More dumps should be analyzed correctly
- IPF support : Generated IPF file should be more reliable (no more crash with Samdisk or DTC from kryoflux)
- Joystick support is better
- Sound have been reworked
A new version r005.8.15.1 of the Amstrad CPC core for MiST by Renaud Helias is available.
VGA counters fix... How can't I see that before ? (found while merging ZX-Uno version...).
Taken into account also in experimental r005.8.16c30 (experimental != validated)
RetroVirtualMachine by jcgamestoy is a new Amstrad CPC WIP emulator for MacOS, Windows and Linux. There is no available version to try at the moment. Though there is a version 1.1.6 which emulates only the ZX Spectrum.
At the moment, there are five videos of the emulator on his Youtube profile.
DSP v0.18 WIP is available, it emulates several computers including the Amstrad CPC.
Caprice Forever v2017-11 by Frédéric Coste is a modified version of the Caprice emulator (by Ulrich Doewich) for windows.
- Fix FDC engine to pass most of Kevin Thacker's New acid tests
- write sector with wrong cylinder
- write sector with bad cylinder
- Fix FDC engine to pass old Kevin Thacker's acid tests for Amstrad CPC 6128 only
- Load disk and tape images inside ZIP from menu
- update fullscreen dialog windows
- Add AMX Mouse simulation
- Improve support of second joystick
- Add display option to reduce text during pause
- Add dialogs GUI skin customization
- Fix minor bugs
The last version of the Amstrad CPC emulator CapriceRPI (v 1.3c) by KaosOverride for Raspberry PI is available with some minor updates and more command line customizations.
This emulator based on the sources of Caprice32 by Ulrich Doewich, can also be compiled on something else than a PI with the following command : make -f makefile.notpi.
Prior to compilation, you must install the following dependances (including SDL v1.2 from memory) :
A new version of the Amstrad CPC emulator Sugarbox is out. But at least today the site has an error 500.
To load an Amstrad CPC tape (or a ZX Spectrum one), you can use the old method : using a tape player. Or you can do it like a geek and use Android phone with tapDancer Virtual Datasette, but it's still a bit low tech. So for the geeks used to the HxC floppy emulator or the Gothek USB, you can use the TZX Duino.
New version of the Amstrad CPC core for MiST by Renaud Helias is available. : robustness (quality of code).
For more news, Go to home page